June 30, 2010

Elsie is 4 Months Old!


Really? Is our sweet baby girl really 4 months old? Holy crap! Where has the time gone!! It seems like just yesterday we were in Logan walking around the mall waiting...Yet, Josh and I can't imagine life without our sweet baby girl! Elsie is all we think about! Elsie is "all we do" Neither of us get much done because all we do is play with her :) She is our world!! We are so lucky to have her and we know she was meant for us; we can't thank Amanda enough!!! Amanda, we love you!!! Thank you!!! Elsie had her 4 month check up today at the doctor (yes, that means she had shots today too :( so sad). Elsie cried really hard when the shots were given, then when they were all done, she took her binki and calmed down and fell asleep in her carseat. She got really fussy about 4 hours later, so I gave her Tylenol and she slept for 3 hours and woke up happy :) It seems her legs are still sore, but she is still a happy baby :) Today, Elsie weighed 14 lbs 15 ounces (heaven forbid, we just say she weighs 15 lbs. :) ), she is in the74th percentile for her weight, she was 24 3/4 inches long (the 66th percentile for length - when she walks, this will be height, but all she does is lay, so it is considered length to me :) ) and her head is 16 inches (46th percentile). Needless to say, Elsie is a healthy growing baby girl :)
I am mean enough that after Elsie had a nap and a dose of Tylenol, I took her to get her first haircut :) I just had Katie trim it up a bit so it is more even. I just held her and Katie cut it :) Elsie was pretty sleepy so it was easy :) I don't think anyone would notice I cut it but me :) I left the cute curly mohawk on top :)


Elsie loves:

  • Mommy and Daddy loves, hugs and kisses (Elsie loves being talked to and played with :) )
  • Eating (it shows with those irresistable cheeks and "thunder" thighs :) )
  • Sleeping (she is great at night, she still gets up once, but she eats and goes right back to sleep)
  • Talking (Elsie loves to make lots of noises and to hear her own voice :)
  • Elsie has discovered her toes, she tries so hard to look at them, she brings her head up and her toes up at the same time, it is pretty cute :)
  • Faces! Faces of any kind, she loves people :) (I call anyone she sees a "friend")
  • Her carseat, Elsie loves her carseat and sleeps quite well in there
  • Being out and about :) She loves to be out where there are lots of people and things to look at :)
  • Outside! What baby doesn't love the outdoors? We love to go to the lake, go on walks, or just sit outside and visit with friends :)
  • Bathtime, Elsie loves the water :) I even try to splash some water on her face every bath so she will not be afraid of water in the future (I guess I am trying to prepare her for wake-surfing next summer :) ) - we will see if it works :)
  • TV!!! Who would have thought? Josh and I may be in big trouble! If the tv is on, and Elsie can see it, she won't look anywhere else and if you try to talk to her....she ignores you :)

  • Elsie doesn't love so much:

    • Shots :( I hate it more than she does. No fun!
    • Tummy time (mom and dad don't encourage Elsie to spend time on her tummy because we don't want her to start rolling over yet - we like a "stationary" baby :) )
    • Being hungry (who can blame her?)
    • Being bored (Elsie gets bored easily and loves for us to be right by her and talking to her - she can entertain herself for quite awhile, she just prefers us to be there :) )
    • Seriously... I can't think of anything else right now that she doesn't like, she is such a good, happy baby :) I am sure there are a few things she doesn't like, but for the most part this is about it. If she is crying, she is either hungry, tired or bored :)

    • This is a fantastic picture of Elsie's beautiful blue eyes!

    SOOOO big .... :)

    Oufit of the day :)

    Elsie smiles ALL THE TIME :)

    Seriously, do they come any cuter?

    This is Elsie's first time actually sleeping in her crib - it was just a nap and she only lasted 15 minutes :) Elsie still sleeps in a portable crib in our room (it is completely for our convenience :) )
    Elsie's 1st 4-wheeler ride! She loved it - while she was awake :)

    Elsie and her dad hanging out on the mountain :)
    These are my 2 most favorite people!!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment