Our sweet baby girl is already 3 months old!!! I can't believe it! I want her to stay small forever! I tease her that we are going to start skipping feedings so she will stay small; it's not going to happen. I know Elsie is going to get big whether we like it or not! Elsie is so fun! She smiles ALL THE TIME - even to complete strangers! Josh and I love her more than anything! She is so sweet! She has started giggling (if we are funny enough for her) She doesn't giggle all the time - she definitely makes us work for it :) I have made more noises and faces than I have seen or heard myself do in the last 8 years and I have seen Josh make more faces and funny noises in the last 3 weeks than I have heard or seen our entire marriage :). I LOVE HIM!!!! Elsie is so blessed! She is the light of our lives! What did we ever do without her? Thank you Amanda!!! Elsie is super spoiled. We know it, and we will continue to spoil her (until she realizes she is being spoiled, then we will stop...just kidding)!
Elsie Loves:
- Mommy and Daddy
- Friends (any and all friends - even "friends" we don't know :)
- Visitors
- Bottles (FOOD!!!! - those cheeks of hers prove it :) )
- Her binki - when she is tired (she likes to be held until she falls asleep, then we lay her down)
- Ellie the Elephant (she smiles so big when I cover the face of her elephant with the blanket part and play "Peek-a-boo" with the elephant's face - it is so stinkin' cute!)
- Being held
- Laying on her back and just hanging out
- Being naked right before bathtime (I haven't figured out if she likes being naked to be naked or because she knows she is getting in the tub :) )
- Taking baths
- Sucking on her fists
- Toys (she can't grab them yet, she just "bats" at them with her fists - I can't wait until she can actually hold them herself)
- Stroller rides - she actually likes being in her carseat - IF it is moving :)
- Being outside (what baby doesn't like the sunshine? :) )
Elsie isn't so fond of:
- Getting dressed (it is the process she doesn't like - she is fine once she is dressed)
- Being hungry - who can blame her (boy does Elsie have a temper when she is hungry - she has very little patience :) )
- Being cold (when she is naked right after her bath)
- Getting her ears cleaned out
- Not being talked to - she loves it when she has our full attention (like I said, she is spoiled :)
- Being tired
I am so glad her list of "Likes" is longer than her list of "Dislikes" I really can't think of anything else that she doesn't like - she is a pretty good baby. We now know that if she is crying she is either bored, hungry, or tired. Elsie is definitely the one that runs this household...somehow we are ok with this :) Every day we are so grateful to Amanda and her selfless decision to place Elsie for adoption! We truly are blessed and are definitely recognize the Lord's hands in our lives. Thank you so much Amanda and your family, Elsie means the world to us, and we wouldn't have her without you!!!!!! We are so blessed!!!
it makes her big blue eyes stand out!
Elsie's new "throne"
She likes it (as long as we are paying attention to her :) )
She likes it (as long as we are paying attention to her :) )
Outfit of the day! - The shirt says it all :)
No comments:
Post a Comment