May 5, 2010

Elsie is 10 Weeks Old!

Elsie has started smiling a lot more, it is so fun! There have been 3 times (but who is counting? :) ) that Elsie has smiled and made a sound at the same time (almost like a giggle) - it is SO CUTE!!! 2 of the times it was while she was in the bathtub - she loves the bath! (But like any baby, she hates getting out and being cold - and getting rubbed down with lotion and having to get dressed :) )
Elsie is much more aware of her surroundings now. When she was brand new, the sweet spirit she brought into our home was so amazing. The veil is so thin when it comes to babies. It always seemed as if Elsie was more "in tune" with the spirit world than she was with us. The past few weeks, I have noticed that she is more "with us" and is much more aware of what is going on around her. I have mixed feelings just because I have loved looking into her eyes and wondering what she was seeing (I guess it was because I was a little jealous of her, I miss my dad so much and I figure she can see him and me at the same time). It is so much fun now that she recognizes Josh and I and smiles when we come into the room or when she hears our voices, she even follows us with her eyes as we move around the room. I hope the sweet spirit she has brought into our home never leaves. There are no words to express how much we love Elsie. Our lives are so blessed! We truly are grateful to Amanda, her parents, siblings, grandparents, etc for the support they have shown her (and us) for her selfless decision of blessing us with Elsie. :) We want to thank all of you!!! We think and pray for each of you daily! THANK YOU!!!
We truly do recognize the Lord's hands in our lives.



Elsie loves "eating" her hands - hopefully she doesn't discover that she has fingers she could suck on - we can take away her binki (when she is older, of course), but not her fingers :)

What good is a photo-shoot without a few good tears? :) - I wish I looked this beautiful when I cried :) - PS. don't mind the spit up on her beautiful dress :)


Outfit of the day :)

Elsie's 2 favorite Boys:

Daddy....


Elsie is so blessed to get to stay home each day with her daddy while I have to go to work. I am so glad Elsie and her dad have the bonding time they have. I can't wait until summer when I can be home too!
...and Uncle Cole!
I LOVE the smiles on both Josh and Cole's faces in this picture! Elsie is so beautiful!!

Elsie is so lucky to have so many people that love and care about her!

No comments:

Post a Comment