Yesterday Josh was at fire training so I figured Elsie and I would go get some grocery shopping done. I fed her a full 4 oz. bottle and put her in her carseat. We go to the store, I was more than halfway done with my shopping when she woke up. I had left the diaper bag in the car because I "knew" she would sleep the entire time I was there. :) She woke up and was quiet for about 2 minutes, then the screaming began :) I did all I could to console her, (I even had a crazy-looking typical evening Walmart shopper come up to me and tell me how cute she was - she even touched Elsie's sweet little hands - GROSS!!! - all the while, Elsie is still screaming) I got her calmed down and hurried and finished my shopping (ps. know that I am holding her, while I am pushing the cart with one hand). Before I am done, she starts crying again. I hurried through the checkout (holding her, and unloading my cart at the same time - with one hand) I finally made it to the car (my sanity barely hanging on :) ) made her a bottle before I unloaded my cart of groceries, she drank the entire 4 oz. bottle (so much for "knowing" my child and her schedule :) ) Bottom line, I learned a few lessons: 1. Leave her home with Josh next time. 2. Bring Josh with me. 3. Bring the diaper bag in the store with me (sleeping child or not :) ). 4. Don't be afraid to leave the cart of groceries to tend to my beautiful little girl, she is way more important than the groceries anyway! :) I LOVE my daughter!!!!
March 31, 2010
Elsie is 5 Weeks Old!
Yesterday Josh was at fire training so I figured Elsie and I would go get some grocery shopping done. I fed her a full 4 oz. bottle and put her in her carseat. We go to the store, I was more than halfway done with my shopping when she woke up. I had left the diaper bag in the car because I "knew" she would sleep the entire time I was there. :) She woke up and was quiet for about 2 minutes, then the screaming began :) I did all I could to console her, (I even had a crazy-looking typical evening Walmart shopper come up to me and tell me how cute she was - she even touched Elsie's sweet little hands - GROSS!!! - all the while, Elsie is still screaming) I got her calmed down and hurried and finished my shopping (ps. know that I am holding her, while I am pushing the cart with one hand). Before I am done, she starts crying again. I hurried through the checkout (holding her, and unloading my cart at the same time - with one hand) I finally made it to the car (my sanity barely hanging on :) ) made her a bottle before I unloaded my cart of groceries, she drank the entire 4 oz. bottle (so much for "knowing" my child and her schedule :) ) Bottom line, I learned a few lessons: 1. Leave her home with Josh next time. 2. Bring Josh with me. 3. Bring the diaper bag in the store with me (sleeping child or not :) ). 4. Don't be afraid to leave the cart of groceries to tend to my beautiful little girl, she is way more important than the groceries anyway! :) I LOVE my daughter!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment