April 6, 2010

Elsie is 6 Weeks Old!

Holy cow! Time sure flies by! Before we know it, Elsie will be walking...Let us have her start smiling at us first :) We have gotten a few smiles, but not enough. I ask her for smiles constantly, but I have noticed, I don't always get what I want :) I can't wait until I get smiles all day long from her! This has been a super hard week. Elsie has been quite fussy. Josh and I thought it may be her formula, so on Sunday, we decided to start her on a different formula. It seemed to help, but after some feedings, she was still fussy. Still not knowing what to do, I called my cousin and she helped me realize that some of Elise's bottles had the wrong size nipple for her (who would have thought) some of her bottle nipples have holes that are letting out too much milk for Elsie, so she was swallowing too much air. I switched to the right nipple and it has been much better! Our only problem now is that on this new formula, Elsie is pooping (runny poop) every 1-2 hours and now she has a horrible diaper rash. It is so sad, she cries whenever I have to change her. It makes me sad. We have decided to switch her back to the first formula we had her on. I hope it works better for her. I am beginning to think she is withholding smiles until I figure out her tummy issues :) Smart girl! Regardless of her fussiness, I love this sweet angel more than I ever could have imagined! Thank you Amanda!
Thank you Sierra and her mom for Elsie's new super-cute afghan!!! LOVE IT!!

All of these pictures today were taken in between crying spells, I had to put one of her crying on here :)

Elsie's "poop" face - Somehow, her fists tightened seem to help speed up the process :)

Elsie's "feed-me" face :)

Gotta love the cheeks!

All ready for bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment