January 11, 2011

AHHHH...

She sleeps! We put Elsie to bed at about 8:30 last night and didn't hear a peep from her until 5:45. Josh and I both woke up around 3 worrying if she was ok because we hadn't heard anything. Of course, she was fine. At 5:45 I went in and put stuff on her teeth, and she went back to sleep. Progress, slow progress.

I have been thinking a lot lately about how at this time last year we had no idea we would be parents so soon. I found a dated letter (1/2/2010) on my computer that we wrote to a "Logan Birthmom" - really, that is what I saved it as on my laptop :) I remember getting a call from our caseworker telling us that there was a birthmom looking at our profile and wanted us to write her a letter telling her more about us. Little did we know that this phone call would be the beginning of a lifetime of happiness for Josh and I. Josh and I are well aware of our Heavenly Father's love for us, Elsie, and of course, Amanda and her family. I am grateful that Amanda was in tune with the spirit enough to bless our lives with Sweet, Baby Elsie (lets hope Elsie stays sweet forever!) :) Elsie is definitely meant to be part of our family. Josh and I can't imagine life without her. I couldn't be more blessed! Josh and I hope and pray for success and happiness for Amanda and her family every day! Thank you so much! As the next 2 months go by, I will definitely be re-playing what happened at this time last year. WE LOVE YOU AMANDA, AND WE LOVE OUR SWEET BABY GIRL!!!!!!!

I have told Amanda before, "You sure baked a good brownie"
Elsie couldn't be any more beautiful!
Thank you Amanda!!! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment