September 12, 2010

Sealing Day

The Day Josh and I have been waiting for... :)

I can't believe this day is already here! Seriously, it seems like yesterday that Amanda placed sweet baby Elsie in my arms. Josh and I couldn't be any happier :) I have been so excited to take Elsie to the temple. All morning I sang to Elsie, "I love to see the temple, I am going there today..." It was sweet. I felt the spirit so strong as I talked to her about it. I think, in her own way, she knew exactly what was taking place. We are so blessed.
Josh and I made it to the temple on time. We were immediately guided by some of the Sisters in the temple to the "nursery" where one of the ladies about ripped Elsie out of my arms. I wasn't very happy about it. No one told me about this part. I wasn't prepared. :( I figured of all places for me to leave Elsie, the temple would be safe, but I still wasn't excited about it. Elsie had been a little fussy in the morning because she was getting teeth, and had been running a fever Friday night and Saturday morning, so it made it that much harder for me to leave her. Josh and I left her in the nursery and went and sat while they double checked all of our records and went through the paperwork. Then they took us to the dressing rooms where we changed. I asked the sisters if I could go put Elsie in her dress and they said that the sister in the nursery would dress her. I didn't like that. I asked them to pretend that it took me longer to change and for them to please let me go dress her. They finally let me (I was so glad :) ). I went in and put her in her dress and gave her another dose of Tylenol. Then I went and met up with Josh and they took us up where we waited for the sealer, President Orton, to come up. While Josh and I sat there, we got to watch everyone coming to our sealing walk by, it was fun to see everyone in their white clothing :) It was kind of like our wedding day all over again :) We were sealed to Elsie in the same room that Josh and I were sealed in :) Then President Orton came in and talked to us. He asked us where our baby was, it was kind of funny. He went out to the sister and told her to bring us Elsie. They brought her in to us. She looked so tired. Her eyes were all red :( We walked out and went into the sealing room, with me holding her. I loved walking into the sealing room and seeing all of my loved ones sitting in there dressed in white :) They had pinned a piece of paper to my shirt, letting the temple workers know we were being sealed and as Josh and I sat down in the sealing room, the pin on my shirt poked Elsie in the back of the head, she started crying :( I felt SOOOO bad! It was awful. I tried calming her down. I was so sad that she was fussy and didn't feel well because I think that on any other day, she would have loved everything about the temple! I gave her to Josh and he tried calming her down too, it was hard. Everyone was just watching. She did calm down for a little bit. I don't even know everything President Orton said because she was crying. Then he said that she would calm down for the important part :) I calmed her down just enough and I handed her to my mom. Josh and I knelt over the altar and my mom sat her by us and Elsie grabbed on to Josh's thumb and sat still the entire time and didn't cry at all. In fact, Elsie talked quietly the entire time. I wish I knew what she was saying :) The spirit was so strong! I know the church is true!! Toward the end, Elsie grabbed on to my thumb too, so she was holding on to both of our thumbs, it was so sweet :) Then we stood up to give hugs and Elsie didn't want us to hold her, so we laid her on the altar where she could look up at the chandelier, it was so sweet :) We gave hugs, then went to change. Elsie was SOOO tired at this point. It was so hard handing her back to the sister to take her to the nursery. I don't think I have ever changed my clothes so fast in my life. I got into the nursery and Elsie was already asleep. I left her in her dress, took her from the sister and Elsie stayed asleep. We went out and were able to visit with everyone and, of course, take lots of pictures :) We are so blessed to have such amazing family and friends. Thank you everyone for coming to show us your love and support, it means a lot to us! We are so glad you were able to share this special moment with us :)

On our way out the door to the temple for the long-awaited sealing :)

Fresh out of the temple :)
Sleeping baby and all :)

Sleeping princess :)
I love this sweet baby girl :)
Josh is so handsome.
Elsie and I are the luckiest girls in the world!
Such a sweet daddy :)
I am so happy that we will all be together FOREVER!!!
One big happy family :)
(ok, so maybe we are a small family) :)
She did finally wake up for some good pictures by the fountain :)

So tired, yet, so alert :)

"...I love to see the temple..."

"...I went inside today..."
Thank you everyone for coming!!

4 Generations
I am so glad Amanda came!

Thank you Amanda for blessing our lives!
Your decision has made Josh and I the happiest people on earth!

Amanda gave me a sweet gift that says,
"The bonds we have are everlasting" - so true!

Amanda and her parents with Elsie outside the temple
We are so glad they came!!
Elsie is loved by a lot of people!

Grandma Jill showing off Elsie and her beautiful dress :)


The Afternoon Visit...
Amanda and her parents came by Saturday afternoon to hang out at our house. It was so nice to be able to spend extra time with them. Amanda and her parents are such great people. We cannot thank Amanda enough for making Josh and I 2 of the luckiest people in the world!! Thank you Amanda!

Elsie loved playing with Amanda :)

They really do look a lot alike :)

Now we see where Elsie gets her beautiful looks :)

Elsie is SOOO pretty :)

I think Elsie's tongue spend more time outside her mouth, than in :)

"Peek-a-boo"

Swinging time with Katie, Charlie and Henry :)

Aunt Emily came to sleepover so she could spend more time with Elsie :) Thanks for coming to play, Aunt Emmy :)

Yes, that is french tips on her toes :) Like mother, like daughter :) Of course, I had to do this while she was sleeping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment