I find it ironic that this post is titled, "Blessing Day" - Every day with Elsie is a blessing day :) Growing up, I have dreamed of the day I get to have a baby of my own blessed. I have always tried to imagine what it would be like. This day for me, is finally here. Elsie woke up happy and around 10:00 I could tell she needed a nap, but wouldn't go to sleep. So Josh took her for a ride in the car to get her to sleep. She slept for about 1/2 hour. Then I got her ready; she looked BEAUTIFUL!!! Then we went to the church. She was being pretty good. She loves to look around at everyone and smile back at anyone that smiles at her :) Josh gave a fantastic blessing (short, of course :) ) blessing sweet baby Elsie that she will be strong, remember where she came from, that she will marry a righteous man in the temple for time and all eternity, and that she will grow to be a strong young woman. It is hard to remember everything, but it was a beautiful blessing. I am so happy that Josh honors his priesthood and was worthy to give our sweet baby girl a name and a blessing. Thank you Josh, Elsie and I are so lucky to have you in our lives!!!
The rest of sacrament meeting was a blur to me. I ended up taking Elsie out because she was fussy. She calmed down, I went back in an sat down and almost immediately, she was fussy again. Don't worry, this happened FOUR times! I wanted so bad to sit and listen to the meeting. Instead, I stood in a classroom with a very sad baby girl :( Stacy did come and try to help (it was fun talking with her, I miss her :) ) but Elsie didn't seem to want anything. She was so tired, but was fighting it! I was able to go back in and sit down for the last 5 minutes. As soon as church was over, she cried all the way to the car. She was asleep before we ever got out of the church parking lot.
Then we came back here and had a light lunch with all of our friends and family :) I wished that there was time for Josh and I to sit and talk with everyone. We would have loved to sit with each person that came for hours, but that simply wasn't possible. So everyone that came, you now have to come back so we can hang out with you :) The house finally got quiet, and it was officially naptime at the Christiansen household :) Thank you for coming everyone! We are so lucky to have such great family and friends!!!
....Grandmas hate headbands :)
...Even on Elsie's blessing day :)
Elsie is a very tired girl and mom was ready for her to have a nap :)
So glad Amanda came for the blessing too!
Love these 2 girls :)
Another game of "Peek-a-Boo"
Grandpa Bob hanging out with a very tired baby girl :)
Hanging out with Uncle Cole and Shad :)
Melanie was blowing a piece of tissue paper into the air :)
So easily entertained :)
A good ending to a long 2 days :)
If Elsie could talk, she would thank everyone for coming and she would appologize for crying so much, and would ask for your forgiveness because her teeth are coming in and they really hurt :)
Elsie really is a very happy baby! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment