I have always known that when I have a baby girl, I was going to make her dress. It was only perfect that I got 6 months to think about Elsie's dress. I waited to start Elsie's dress when her sealing day and blessing day got closer so I could make sure it fit. The pattern called for 4" lace. I started looking about a month ago for lace. I looked everywhere, I even spent about 2 hours looking online. It was a long journey, but I ended up being very happy with her dress :)

I finished the bodice and HATED the way it looked
I don't like the lace :(

Elsie's first dress fitting :)

Cute chubby belly :)

Elsie doesn't seem to mind the lace

After hours of being sick about how much I hated the bodice...
I decided on this - I am much happier!!!

Who would have thought that the back continuous lap would have been the worst part of the dress?

At this point all I had left to do was sew on the lace to the bottom and sew pleats on the bottom. I pinned the lace to the bottom and the dress looked like a big nightgown - I HATED IT! I didn't know what I was going to do. Danielle and Laura said it looked like lingere or a slip. The lace was awful. I am kind of sad that I didn't take a picture where I could see the lace - you can kind of see it in this picture. Laura and I went to the store to find something else. We decided on the beading. I was already a lot more excited about the dress :) I then decided not to put the pleats in (mainly because I was nervous about sewing them straight:) ) and found the flowers to sew on the front. I have never done so much hand sewing on one project in my life :)

It looked ok, but it was definitely missing something

The final dress fitting!

I am so much happier with her dress now!
It fits! :)

This is the closest picture I got of the back of her dress :)

Sitting in her Bumbo chair showing off her new dress :)

Such a pretty pretty princess :)
No comments:
Post a Comment