August 28, 2010

Hansen Family Reunion

Camp Perkins - Idaho

The fam - minus a few :)

This was as silly as we got
Not many participated in the goofy picture :)

Josh playing a game of basketball with Seth and Charlie

I am not sure who won - Depends on who you ask :)

Elsie is so loved :)

Aspen and Lindi lovin' on Elsie :)

Aunt Kim and Elsie posing for a picture :)

Rebecca and I smiling pretty :)

Saralyn and I working the camera :)
1st Annual Hansen Family Olympics!
This year was the first olympics. We had to start simple due to the outstanding talent of the Hansen Family :) Thank you Maraleen and her family for putting this all together!! We were all split up into teams. Each of my mom's siblings was a team captain :) Maraleen, Dianna and Shelli put everyone's name into a hat (or bowl :) ) and drew them out to make the teams, so they were completely random. It was a lot of fun :) We had a number of events - I didn't get pictures of all of them. It was a great time! What a great way to get everyone involved - except Ryan (he was the only person that didn't participate at all - although he did stand around to make it look like he was participating) :) I am excited to have the 2nd Annual (every-other-year :) ) Hansen Family Olympics in 2012!
I wish I could say I was a professional :)

I think I did better because I had the pantyhose completely over my face :)
Josh had a belt on with a yo-yo strung to it and he had to knock over a circle of empty pop cans :)
Josh taking a time out from the strenuous Olympic Games :)

Using the tape measure, they had to get the ping pong ball into the plastic cup, they would lengthen their tape measure to see who could get the ball into the cup with the longest distance on their tape measure :) I think Loralee won! :)

Apparently it is a lot harder than it looks :)

This was Josh and I's game (thank you Emily for giving us the idea last year :) ) Each of the team captains put a showercap on their head and covered it in shaving cream. Team members threw cheese puffs into the shaving cream. The team captain with the most cheese puffs in their shaving cream wins :) I think Gary won this one :)

Of course, there had to be a shaving cream war at the end :)

I don't know who got it the worst :)


And the Winners Are .....


You guessed it...MY TEAM!!! We Rocked!!! :)
Way to go team!!!

Josh looking sexy in his canoe :)

The water was way too cold for Elsie and I, but the view was BEAUTIFUL!

SOOOO Pretty!!!

Josh and Aunt Maraleen
I am sure Josh is giving her a hard time about something :)
Hansen Family Talent Show....kind of
So we were asked to bring a talent to the family reunion (like a year in advance). Me, being the obedient family member that I am...had Melanie, Josh's cousin, help me write a song about our family to the tune of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer :) Loralee's talent was making little signs with everyone's name and picture on them to hold up :) Little did we know that we were pretty much the only family that participated! - We were amazing!
Our Song:
The Gay Hansen Quinn Hauenstein Family Song
(Sung to Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer)
You know Melvin and Kimberly, next Loralee-ee,
Kyle and Andrea, Kevin, Ashlee-ee
But do you recall, the most famous family of all... (do-do-doot-doo)
First, she was Gay Hansen
Then she met hottie, Lynn
She then became Gay Quinn
Busily, they had 7 kids
Now she is Ga-aay Hauenstein
Mike swept her off her feet
Gay teaches high school students
Mike, the postman can't be beat
(then one foggy Christmas Eve)
Then years passed and in-laws came
Paul, Jeff and Amber
Eddie, Alison and Josh
Mel, is now a Bach-e-lor (do, do,doot do)
Sammy, Lili, Teague and Becca
Josh, Saralyn, Hayley
Katie, Charlie, and there's Henry
Kandyce, Kaitlyn, Sarah, Sandy-ee
Christ-o-pher and Aaron
Genevieve, Elsie
That is all of Gay's grandkids
...We'll go down in history!!!
We may not have had the best singing voices, but we sure looked good!

Ok, so maybe our singing voices are AMAZING!!

Saralyn was the only person with any real talent....
She played her recorder with her nose :) - she was FANTASTIC!
My mom and her sisters dancing to the twist :)

Alison and Amber smiling pretty on the super-long car ride!
I am so lucky to have such amazing sister-in-laws!
Henry and Genevieve posing for a picture
It was a little forced by all of us :) - but aren't they so cute? :)
Alison, Genevieve, Elsie and I wishing we didn't have to say goodbye

My 3 handsome brothers - Love you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment