Elsie is so fun! Everyday, Josh and I catch ourselves just watching her play on the floor, or sitting in her "bumbo" chair and are amazed at the things she does. Elsie LOVES to smile! She smiles at us all day and loves it when we finally leave the house so she can smile at EVERY person she sees :) She is such a happy, good natured baby. How did we get so lucky?
Elsie Loves:
- Mommy and Daddy - she loves us equally - tonight was the first time she didn't want Josh, she just wanted me. She hasn't ever done that before.
- Eating - it shows by her super cute "thunder thighs" I tease her that she has never missed a meal :)
- Ellie the Elephant - she doesn't sleep without her. Elsie has a new trick where she will lay on her back, cover her face with Ellie, while sticking her arms and legs out straight and panics like she can't breathe, then we move Ellie and Elsie takes Ellie and covers her face again - just recently has she started smiling when we move Ellie from her face, usually she has no expression on her face. It is pretty funny :)
- Waterbottles and cups - She goes crazy when she sees them and thinks she is going to get to touch them :) Most of the time we can't even give her any water from our cups because she is wailing her arms so much because she is so excited :)
- Being outside - I think Elsie would live outside if we would let her - her new thing is when there is wind blowing in her face, she opens her mouth wide and sticks her tongue all the way out, it is so cute!
- Playtime - playtime should also fit into the "Mommy and Daddy" category - Elsie LOVES it when she has our full attention :) - She does play very well by herself, but she has a lot more fun with us :) (who can blame her :) )
- Charice and her girls - Charice is Elsie's babysitter. Elsie loves to go there! Charice is one of my friends, Sierra's mom (Sierra used to be one of my students - a favorite of course :) ) Everytime I drop Elsie off, she can't smile enough at the girls. Charice is a mom of 6 - ranging in age from 22-8. They all LOVE Elsie :) Elsie NEVER sleeps when she is there - I tell Charice she is way too fun for Elsie :)
- Hands - Elsie loves hands, anyone's hands :) She loves to watch our fingers and loves it when I cover her whole face with my hand, it is pretty funny :) She also loves to chew on fingers :)
- Friends - any and every face! If Elsie sees someone, she usually stares at them, waiting for them to look at her, then she smiles really big - melting the hearts of everyone :)
- Kids - Elsie LOVES kids! She gets so excited to see them! She especially loves all her cousins, and Macy :) You would think it was Christmas morning for Elsie every time she sees the kids :)
- TV - Josh and I are in trouble. Anytime the tv is on, Elsie tries to watch it :) I have tried keeping the tv off more often and just listen to music or go outside - I have a feeling this will be the way it is for the next 18 years :)
- Snapping, clapping and mouth noises - Elsie giggles most of the time with each of these. She gets so excited :) The other night, Josh and I were laughing so hard because Elsie was giggling so hard when Josh made a noise with his mouth (he was just moving his tounge up and down on his lips and making a noise) it wasn't much of a funny noise, but for some reason, she was laughing so hard! It was so cute!
- Toes - Elsie loves her toes - she is always trying to get them in her mouth :) Elsie also loves our toes :) It is pretty cute to watch her watch our toes :) We don't let her touch them, but that doesn't mean she doesn't try :)
Elsie Doesn't Love So Much:
- Sleeping during the day - Elsie sleeps great at night (ok. so she still gets up once or twice), but she hates taking naps. We think it is because she is afraid she is going to miss something (Josh and I ARE pretty exciting :) )
- Being hungry - who can blame her?
- Babyfood - She did like sweet potatoes, but since then, she doesn't really want anything else. I have tried peas, carrotts, and squash. I guess it is time to switch to fruits :) I have actually stopped trying to get her to eat babyfood for the time being.
- Getting dressed - Elsie still hates putting her arms in the armholes of her shirts. She screams every time! I wish I knew why. I can't think of a bad experience she has had, she just HATES it! I have gotten pretty good at getting her dressed fast, but apparently I am still not fast enough :)
- Shots - I have to take her to get her shots this week. I am not excited.
- Being bored - Elsie likes attention :) She does play well by herself, but she doesn't last more than 20 minutes or so, most of the time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment