November 1, 2011

Thirty, Flirty and...Thriving

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear me-ee, happy birthday to me!!!
HOLY CRAP!!!  Am I really 30 years old??  Yes.  It's true.  I am 30.  I am a very spoiled 30 year old.  Josh had to work on my birthday so Danielle, Elsie and I drove to Vegas, picked up Melanie and went shopping at our favorite store, Rhapsodielle!  Then we took Elsie to Kelly and she watched her while we finished out the night's festivities :)  We went to The Venetian and picked up our tickets for the show, then we ate dinner at Wolfgang Puck's.  It was super yummy!  Probably some of the best salmon I have ever had.  MMMM-good!!!  Then we went to The Blue Man Group show.  It was so good!  It was really fun!  A perfect show to make me feel young as I grow another year older!  After the show, we headed to the Cheesecake Factory for some dessert :)  I almost got my original favorite (Vanilla Bean Cheesecake), then I was talked into being brave...I got the Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake.  I was very nervous until I took my first bite..... 
HOLY CRAP IT WAS THE MOST DELICIOUS CHEESECAKE I HAVE EVER EATEN!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks for making me be brave!  
Then we went and picked up Elsie, drove Melanie home and Danielle and I headed home.  We got home at 3:00 am.  Sheesh!  I am way too old to stay out that late!  It took all we had (energy-wise and stories to keep us awake - it was some good bonding time of sharing lots of crazy stories from our pasts) to stay awake on our drive. It was a lot of fun!  I am a very spoiled girl!  The next day I realized Josh had ordered me a birthday cake from Costco (best cakes ever!).  So sweet.  He is the best husband ever!  Thanks everyone for making my birthday so great!  Here's to another decade of happiness.... 
Josh and Elsie had these beautiful roses with balloons attached sent to me while I was at school.  I was so surprised.  I LOVE roses!  Thanks Josh and Elsie for making me so happy today, and every day!!!!

Yes, the man in blue "barked" at me :)

It is rough to find a good photographer.
I guess the 3 Oriental girls did an ok job.
This is one of the only pictures that Melanie or I wasn't cut out of :)

The cheesecake...
Yes, it really was that delicious!!!

The sign speaks for itself.
Too bad I don't drink Coke anymore...
I am still Vegas refreshed...Coke or not.

My sweet baby girl singing Happy Birthday.   
She loves to sing this song :) 
Thanks again everyone for all the birthday love!

No comments:

Post a Comment