Every year as Halloween comes around. I realize it is my favorite holiday of the year...until Thanksgiving comes around...then Christmas. I just love the holidays and the good times they bring. Halloween is super fun. I have decided it is a lot more fun with a child of my own. It is so fun to see it all through her eyes. I love being a mom every day, it's holidays that make me love it even more! Elsie loves her costume! She seems to know how cute she is when she wears it :) I bought the pattern and fabric and gave it all to my mom and she made it. She did such a great job! Thanks mom!!!! I love it, Elsie loves it and everyone that saw her loved it and commented on how cute it was and how talented you are. You really are talented. Thanks!!! Trick-or-treating was a lot of fun. Elsie caught on very quick. We went with Danielle and Macy, so Elsie was able to watch how Macy did it. Elsie and Macy would get to a door, Macy would knock, so Elsie would knock too (actually Elsie's knock was more like barely touching the door with her fingertips - she still doesn't make a fist). Macy would yell "Trick-or-Treat" and Elsie would say "Trr-eee" then most houses would hold the bowl down and let the kids grab the kind they wanted, every time, Elsie would grab as much candy that she could fit into one hand. I told her to just take one. It was pretty funny. Then I would tell her to say thank you, "Tank-yoo" then I would tell her to say Happy Halloween, "Hap-pee 'een" it was the same at every house, it was funny every time! I had a lot of fun. I was sad Josh had to work and missed it all.
 |
| 2 witches :) |
 |
| I borrowed my costume from Danielle. |
 |
| Her mom is talented, just like mine :) |
 |
| Love this!! |
 |
| Elsie did not want to hold still! |
 |
| I picked her up and sat her down for a picture...she wasn't happy about it. |
 |
| I finally started chasing her down the sidewalk |
 |
| Of course, she had to stop and dance along the way :) |
 |
| ...maybe there will be less distractions in the backyard... |
 |
| ...not really... |
 |
| A bench? Will she hold still on a bench? |
 |
| ...not without a "sad-lip" picture :) |
 |
Sheesh! I was feeling the same way.
I was getting tired of dancing and clapping to get Elsie to attempt a smile :) |
 |
| Elsie knows this sad lip is funny - she tries to use it to her advantage :) |
 |
| "Puh'kin" |
 |
| I think she looks like a doll in this picture. Perfect. |
 |
Our neighbor has a cool doorstep so we went there to get a picture and the cat was walking around.
Danielle said to put Elsie down because "Every good witch needs a cat."
I REALLY don't like cats, but Elsie LOVES them.
In the end it was all good, cause this made for a good Halloween picture :) |
 |
TA DA!!!
My little performer :) |
 |
| OOOHHH, she is so cute!!!! |
 |
| I was running around the corner and scaring Elsie to get her smile this big :) |
 |
Apparently I am pretty funny :)
Thanks Danielle for taking all these pictures for us!!! |
 |
Josh and I had to work, so Elsie spent most of the day with Sierra :)
Thanks Aunt Sierra! |
 |
Sierra brought Elsie (and lunch) to me at school.
Elsie thinks she is a big kid :) |
 |
After I left school, Elsie and I came back home, had a snack and got ready.
This is a picture of the cute spider I drew on Elsie's cheek :) |
 |
Then I took Elsie to visit Josh at work.
She was so excited to see Daddy and sit in the firetruck :) |
 |
| I LOVE these 2!!!!! |
 |
Then we went to "Ma-Shee's" house to take pictures
Elsie didn't want to hold still... |
 |
| Priceless. |
 |
The Johnston Family...
Completely out-did the Christiansen family.
...Again. |
 |
| "Trick-or-treat" |
 |
Elsie and Macy in the wagon :)
Elsie had to eat candy every time she got into the wagon between houses :) |
 |
After trick-or-treating, we went back to Danielle's and had pizza.
I took off Elsie's dress so she didn't get it all dirty.
I couldn't resist taking some pictures of her dressed like this :)
I am not sure what Macy was so excited about :) |
 |
Elsie was being a little performer!
Macy was very entertained :) |
 |
| It has to be all the sugar... |
 |
SUGAR!!!!!!!
HOLY CANDY!!! |
After a night of so much sugar.....
 |
| We MUST brush our teeth!!! |
Happy Halloween Everyone!!!
Sooo cute! Can't wait for lunch tomorrow!!
ReplyDelete