November 14, 2011

Growth Spurt?...You Decide...

Oh, this cute little girl of ours!  It's cute now, but it wasn't very cute in the middle of the night.  Josh was working, so it was just Elsie and I.  Last night, Elsie woke up at 1:00 am crying.  Usually if she wakes up, I just give her milk, she drinks it, and goes right back to sleep.  This time she didn't even want milk.  She tried going back to sleep and whined for about 5 or 10 minutes.  Then she started really crying.  I had no idea what was wrong.  I tried cuddling with her.  She didn't want that.  I tried holding her.  She didn't want that.  She laid there and cried.  I tried getting her to tell me what was wrong, she just cried.  She screamed for a good 10-15 minutes straight.  I didn't know if she was sick, her ears, teeth (knowing she has all her teeth until her 2 year molers come in...but she has had a runny nose...), if she was scared, wanted Josh...I had NO IDEA!  I was so tired!  I was beginning to lose patience as I laid by her and watched her cry (she got more mad when I tried touching her to pick her up).  After the 15 minutes of her screaming, I finally stood up and held her.  She calmed down and cuddled me for a minute, then started crying again.  I took her to the kitchen and put her down and told her to show me what was wrong.  She stopped crying and went straight to the cupboard and said "tweet"  I said, "Are you hungry?"  She said, "Hun-gree."  Sheesh.  Who would have known?  30 minutes of crying?  Really?  She was hungry, duh mom!  I had a kiwi.  I asked her if she wanted a kiwi.  "Kee-wee" So I cut the skin off the kiwi, put her in her chair and gave her the cut-up kiwi.  She pretty-much swallowed each bite whole.  She barely chewed at all.  I decided at the last minute to record her.  That is the video here.  She is saying "pasta" throughout.  She wanted more pasta.  Sheesh.  By this time, it is about 2:00 am!  I was exhausted!  Lets go to bed Elsie!  After realizing she wanted to sleep with her Ariel (this was the first time she has ever wanted to sleep with something).  Her "hard" Ariel.  Really?  A hard doll?  We went in, she wrapped her arms around her Ariel, held on to Ellie, and went right to sleep and slept until morning.  Don't worry that her first word in the morning was "Pa-sa"  I love her more than anything!  I hope this "eating in the middle of the night" doesn't become a habit!


No comments:

Post a Comment