June 2, 2011

Windy Lake Powell

Love Lake Powell...Usually. We finally came to the conclusion that if there is wind in the forecast at Lake Powell to change your plans! We got to the lake Friday afternoon. Set up "camp" and got the houseboat. Saturday morning the lake and weather was amazing!...until about 2:00. Then the wind picked up...and didn't stop blowing until...well, it was still blowing when we headed home Monday morning. Pretty much, the wind was awful!! Saturday night the winds were reported at over 50 mph! We heard it! Nobody got much sleep that night..or any night for that matter. I got a few good pictures of Elsie playing outside, but the rest of the pictures are inside the houseboat because we didn't leave the houseboat! Good thing I brought the dvd player :) Entertained all the rambunctious kids :) Elsie did really good. She did want to go outside, but we didn't ever last long because we got sandblasted! The water was FREEZING, so it wasn't a temptation for her to want to get in. I think the water was about 61 degrees. Cold. I got in once on Saturday, and that was enough for me :) Elsie never even put on a swimming suit the entire 3 days we were there! On our way home we decided that next time we are planning on going to Lake Powell and there is wind in the forecast...we are going to go to Disneyland instead! We still had a good time, I just wish we could have spent a little more time enjoying the outdoors :)



Elsie liked playing in the sand, her drool and the sand made quite a mud creation on her shirt :)


What kid doesn't love the sand?

"Wake up Daddy"


Yummy Oreos...

(She is finally eating after being sick!)


Naptime!

She looks so big in this picture!


Watching Tangled with Uncle Cole, Brexden & Whitney


I gave Elsie a cup with ice in it and it kept her entertained for almost an hour. She LOVES to eat ice :)

Also, notice her cut on her lip. It was hard for her to keep her balance as she walked in the rocking houseboat; she fell and hit her lip. It was sad, but she was pretty tough.


Not so sure what she is clapping at...but I LOVE this face!!!


Enjoying a fresh strawberry :)


LOVE this!!!!!


Love her pose! She is watching a movie while she eats a cookie.

Elsie has never eaten so much junk food as she ate this weekend! I couldn't believe it! She usually doesn't ever snack. I didn't care she was eating so much junk because she was eating! She had been so sick and didn't eat anything, I was just glad she was eating something. By-the-way, I discovered even more how much Elsie LOVES chips on this trip :)


So serious :)


Wishing she were on the other side of this closed door.


Cute girl!


Hakuna Matata

After this weekend, we all decided that we need to petition for a new name for the houseboat. No worries just didn't cut it for us this weekend :)

PS. If you have never been to Lake Powell....this is the nicest houseboat that is on the lake!


We let her hold the dvd player on the way home :)


Elsie helping us clean out the SANDY boat!


Love her!


This is Elsie trying to get away from me as I take more pictures :) I had to put it on here to show her cute, tight curly hair :)


Elsie found half a stick of Polar Ice gum. I took it away from her and she threw a fit. I LOVED gum as a kid so I thought I would see what she did if I gave it to her...She put it in her mouth and ran from me. I was chasing her to try to get a picture. She chewed and swallowed the entire piece. Didn't make one face. After she swallowed it, she did suck in air and it seemed she was trying to figure out the sensation in her mouth, it was pretty funny. I no time she will be blowing bubbles just like her mom :)


The last picture of the Lake Powell trip!

She is still finishing her gum here :)
I still LOVE Lake Powell, I just DO NOT like the wind!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment