October 24, 2010

FCCLA Capitol Leadership - Washington D.C.

This year I had the opportunity to go to Washington D.C. with my friend (and assistant) and our 9 State Officers from Utah. It was a super fun trip. The kids learned a lot in their meetings and we were able to do some touring and see that sights of D.C. We needed another week to see everything. It was a great time! The worst part of the trip was not having Josh and Elsie there with me. I missed them tons! Josh did a great job. He is the best dad ever!

Nikki Sue and I sporting our FCCLA uniforms :)

The Utah FCCLA State Officers outside the US Capitol Building


Our visit to the Arlington National Cemetery

Everyone needs to visit this cemetery at least once in their lifetime.

These kids catch on quick....
I am Queen :)
This cemetery amazes me!
The other side of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Waiting for the Metro
We were "Metro-pros" by the end of our trip :)
Nikki Sue and I enjoying her birthday dessert at Hard Rock Cafe :)

Lincoln Memorial at night
My camera was struggling :(
Obama family abode visit
This was as close as we got :)

Apparently you have to go get tickets at 8:30 am for the day, who would have known?
This is as much as we got to see :)

Me and Abe :)


This is outside the Washington Monument. I am jumping in the air in this picture - It looks like I am laying on the ground :)

I laid out outfits and jammies for Josh to put on Elsie for every day I was gone :)
I hear she looked cute every day :) Way to go Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment