July 27, 2010

Elsie is 5 Months Old

As each day goes by, I can't believe how big our sweet baby girl is getting! She makes Josh and I so happy! What did we ever do without her? She is all we do. We sit around and watch her and when she falls asleep, we wait for her to wake up so we can play. I am getting to the point where I try to get as much done as I can while she sleeps. I hate to admit that she does watch the Baby Einstein videos every once in awhile, so I can get things done (she loves the movies :) ) but I feel guilty the whole time and it is only a 20 minute video :) Elsie is such a happy baby. She does get fussy and has a temper, but for the most time she is super happy!
Elsie Loves:
  • Mornings - She is super happy in the mornings
  • Mommy and Daddy
  • Her carseat - sometimes if she is fussy, we will put her in there and she stops fussing. This makes it easy for us to travel :)
  • Eating while she falls asleep - this isn't a good habit, but it works for now. Someday we will have to help her kick this habit
  • Toys - Elsie loves to play with toys, but she prefers we hold them above her and play with her, she doesn't play by herself very well.
  • Ellie - Elsie loves her elephant blanket that I named Ellie
  • Being outside - We have realized that Elsie is already starting the "I want to go outside" fussing. She will be fussy and she isn't hungry or tired, she is bored - once we go outside, she immediately stops.
  • Friends - Elsie loves seeing other people - She smiles at everyone that will look at her and talk to her :)
  • Her tongue - Elsie loves sticking out her tongue. Usually when she smiles, she sticks her toungue out too - it is super cute :)
  • Water - Elsie loves her bath and now we have discovered that she loves the lake! She loved the water and she even got her first bath in the lake last weekend :)
  • Her toes - Elsie loves to play with her toes :) If she is sitting right, she can get them in her mouth :)

Elsie Doesn't Love:

  • Eating in the morning - She east about 1 or 2 ounces before 11:00 - we will need to work on this, breakfast is the most important meal of the day :)
  • Going to sleep - during the day, we almost have to trick her into falling asleep. She won't take her binki anymore - we think she has associated it with sleeping - but who knows? Most of the time we go somewhere and she falls asleep in her carseat.

I have a hard time thinking of what she loves and doesn't love while I sit at the computer. For the most part Elsie is a super happy baby that loves to be on-the-go :) When people see her they love to say what a pretty baby she is (thank you Amanda!) and how good-natured she is :) We are so blessed to have her in our lives :)

Gotta love that tongue :)

Yes, this is the same bear - Elsie is getting so big :)

She crossed her legs by herself - super cute :)
I figure Elsie weighs about 16 lbs - but I am guessing :)

So big :)

Play, Dance and Eat Cupcakes - Livin' the life :)
This was actually the first outfit bought for Elsie -
It is from Grandma Gay :) I probaby should have gotten it out sooner, it is pretty tight :)

Elsie loves to keep her legs straight - it looks like she is scared or something, but she kicks them straight all the time :)

Elsie looks so beautiful in every color :)

I wish I was this beautiful while I slept :)

I love this sweet baby girl more than anything in the whole world!!
Thank you Amanda!!

No comments:

Post a Comment