Every day, I think Elsie can't be any cuter or any more fun, and every day, she proves me wrong! Elsie is SO CUTE and SO FUN!!! I don't even know where to begin describing Elsie these days! Elsie wants to be grown up already. She triest doing all the things we do. Elsie's vocabulary is growing and she learns so much every day! I can't make a list of all the words she says because she rarely says the same word twice. She will say whatever we ask her to say at the time, but if we ever want her to say it again for someone else, forget it! She is hilarious. She will do something funny and then laugh at herself with her mouth open wide :) She laughs and throws her head back and opens her mouth all the way and makes a sound (I can't spell it but it is pretty funny :))
Elsie Loves:
Mom and Dad: She has become very clingy the past few weeks. So clingy that I can't stand up and take a step before she is crying for me to pick her up. I love that she loves us, but it is kind of annoying. Today I went into the bathroom and shut the door and almost immediately I heard a "thud" at the door (Elsie had run into it hoping it would open) and I swear I heard her say, "Heeyyyy" I heard Josh repeat her and both of us were laughing :) Lets hope this "clingy-ness" wears off soon.
TV: Yup, this little girl is going to like tv for the rest of her life! She needs tv to survive, just kidding. She does love it! She needs shows that keep changing - no boring stuff :) Right now her favorite tv shows are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (I LOVE hearing her sing the "Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity-Dog" song - she makes the sounds enough that I know that is what she is trying to say...it is hilarious!) Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Sid the Science Kid, Sesame Street, Word World, Dora, Dinosaur Dan, and Go, Diego, Go. These are the shows she usually sits still for, other shows she doesn't show any interest in. Her favorite movies right now are: The Little Mermaid (her current favorite), Tangled, Toy Story 3, and Cinderella. She is obsessed.
Water: She loves to swim! She was so fun at the lake this last trip because the water wasn't as cold as other trips. She loved floating on her back with her lifejacket on. Her lifejacket supported her head so she could just lay there. She loved it! I love seeing her sweet smile as she plays in the water. Elsie loves to lay on her back in the bathtub and splash her arms and legs - which she does for the entire duration of her bath :)
Outside: What kid doesn't love to be outdoors. Elsie loves to play at the park, the swings and the slide are still her favorites, although she is becoming quite the climber ( I can't decide how I feel about this yet)
Friends: Elsie loves people, young and old! As long as they smile and interact with her, she loves them! I have noticed she is a little flirt. She loves to "bat her eyes" at all the boys and/or men she sees :) It is actually pretty funny :)
Noise: Elsie needs noise, Elsie loves noise...any and all :) Music, people, animal sounds (that Josh and I make), singing (she has started singing lately, we have no idea what she is saying, but she seems to know - it is hilarious!)
Scared: She still loves to be scared, hiding around corners, all the fun stuff :)
Tossed and thrown: Elsie loves to do acrobatics with me :) She loves to be thrown and tossed around. She giggles the entire time, it is a lot of fun because she currently has no fears :)
Food: Her current favorites are: hot dogs, beans, strawberries, tomatoes, eggs, french fries, popsicles, and ice :)
Ellie: That cute, pink elephant of hers :) My new favorite thing I have noticed she does with Ellie when she is tired, she will open her hand all the way and just barely rub the palm of her hand on the silky part of Ellie. She also will rub the corner of Ellie on her bottom lip, it is super cute.
Books: Elsie loves books! Any and all books! She still just wants to look at the pictures, I rarely get anything read on a page before she turns it. We are working on item recognition with books. She doesn't point to objects I say, but she points to them and looks at me to tell her what they are. I love reading books with her :)
Kitchen utensils: Elsie loves to play with all the stuff in my kitchen. She is still a little small and uncoordinated to help me out in the kitchen, but she loves to mimick what we do in the kitchen. Pots, pans, tupperware, measuring cups, all of it - she LOVES it!
Candy: She takes after me on this one :) Any and all candy! Especially m&m's :) I have to be careful when she gets candy. If it is within 2 hours of her naptime or bedtime, she can't have it. You can almost immediately see a change in her after she eats it. Tonight she was up until 10:00 because she had m&m's - she was extremely hyper :) She gets to a point that if you even walk toward her, she runs away from you and giggles...it is hilarious :)
Elsie is such a happy girl. She is pretty spoiled, but we love her anyway! She truly is the light of our lives and she is so fun. We will forever be in debt to Amanda for blessing our lives with this sweet angel. We love Elsie and we love Amanda! Thank you Amanda!
 |
| Smiley girl! |
 |
| Turn the tv off, or leave it on for our photo session? |
 |
Leave it on :)
She is getting too big! |
 |
| Elsie and Sami giggling on the bed :) |
 |
| I love it when Elsie watches tv like this :) |
 |
| She learns quick. |
 |
| Outfit of the day :) |
 |
| I love this grin! |
 |
| I LOVE this picture!!!!!!!!!!! |
 |
| Elsie playing with her new Dora piano book :) |
 |
| "Yaaayyy" She is clapping for herself :) |
 |
| Downtown St. George got a carousel and we decided to try it out. |
 |
| Elsie already has her parade wave goin' on :) |
 |
| She loves it! |
 |
| After spending 6 days straight in her stroller in California, Elsie seems to miss it. This is the only stroller that is set up for her to sit in. The day we got back from California, I said, "Come on Elsie, lets go" and she got this stroller, took it to the front door and sat in it. It was so funny. |
 |
| Getting ready to go to the lake :) |
 |
| All ready for church :) |
 |
| I decided to give her hair "a rest" and not put rubber bands in it for awhile. I wasn't sure if she would keep the headbands in, but she does. The first time I put on on her, she shook her head and giggled. She hasn't taken them off since :) |
 |
| Macy is blowing on the duck bill I got in California and Elsie thinks it is hilarious! |
 |
| Macy seemed to think if she got a "running start" on blowing on the duck bill that it would be louder, it was HILARIOUS! |
 |
| Pretty, Pretty Princess! |
 |
| Elsie loves to get all my pans and cookie sheets and stand on them...she is screaming at the tv here...or maybe she is singing on her platform :) |
 |
| All day long. |
 |
| I love Elsie! |
 |
| "My hair got wet" |
 |
| I think she likes it.... |
 |
| Elsie loves to carry around our keys and try to unlock all the doors (that aren't locked) :) |
Thanks again Amanda for blessing our lives with this beautiful, sweet, (and sometimes out-of-control) baby girl! We love her more than anything! We love you too! Thanks again!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment