This may go down in history as the longest post ever! Don't worry - I only put 53 pictures on this post - I took 498 pictures on this trip...
This was the FCCLA National Convention in Anaheim, California. It was a good time! We arrived in California Friday, July 8th and flew home Thursday, July 14th. When we got to California, we had Friday, Saturday and Sunday to play at Disneyland and California Adventure. I brought Aubrey (Ryan (Josh's Cousin) and Melanie's daughter) with me to help me watch Elsie. This post seems like all we did was go to Disneyland, but it isn't very fun to take pictures of my meetings :) Aubrey watched Elsie while I was in meetings, I was so glad I brought her! She was super helpful! I wouldn't have survived if she didn't come.
Elsie LOVED everything about this trip! She was so good! She liked her stroller (which she practically lived in for 6 days!), she loved all the people (she basically hung out with high schoolers for 6 days), she loved all the noise and commotion and of course, she LOVED all the rides! We had a 4 day park-hopper pass to Disneyland (we only went all day on Saturday, the other 3 days we were only there a few hours) and we had one evening at Knott's Berry Farm. It was so much fun! Elsie LOVED IT!!! I am doing all I can to prepare her to be an FCCLA National Officer when she grows up :)
 |
| I couldn't resist the child-sized FCCLA attire :) |
 |
Getting ready to fly out of the Salt Lake City Airport
*Note our matching FCCLA outfits :) |
 |
| Elsie's 2nd time on an airplane |
 |
| She was super good on the plane, she fell asleep the last 10 minutes of our hour long flight :) |
 |
| We made it to Disneyland! |
 |
| We headed straight to "It's A Small World" because I knew Elsie would love it! |
 |
...And she did! She was completely mesmerized!
This was her facial expression the entire ride! |
 |
We rode Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
...It was a bit too wild for Elsie and I :)
Elsie didn't love this one. |
 |
| The teacups! |
 |
| She is a bit excited :) |
 |
She has no idea what is about to happen...
She did love it and neither of us got sick :) |
 |
| She did like the Alice in Wonderland ride :) |
 |
| Waiting in line for the new Little Mermaid ride |
 |
I think she is impressed...
This was by-far Elsie's favorite ride! In fact...she now LOVES the movie!!! |
 |
| She liked this one, but it wasn't her favorite. |
 |
Don't worry, that we lived on $6 corndogs for a week.
If you haven't had a corndog in Disneyland, you are really missing out - they were fantastic!!! |
 |
| Being silly and attracting the eyes of everyone passing by. |
 |
Handy Manny :)
Elsie liked him a lot more than I thought she would. |
 |
| I LOVE cotton candy...I had to see if Elsie loves it too...YUP! |
 |
Elsie loved playing with all the grown-up kids :)
They were so good to play with her :) |
 |
| Another ride that she liked, but it wasn't her favorite. |
 |
I tried to get Mickey to hold her...he couldn't :(
But he did kiss her face :) |
 |
| Mickey, pretending to be asleep like Elsie. |
 |
| My addiction to Cherry Coke continues... |
 |
| Cute girl! |
 |
| The firestation in ToonTown |
 |
My little "ham" posing it up!
There were a few girls standing around looking at her and smiling, so Elsie is eating it up and smiling right back :) |
 |
| She LOVED Goofy :) |
 |
| She LOVED Minnie Mouse the most!...who doesn't? |
 |
Elsie could have stayed inside Minnie Mouse's house all day!
She LOVED IT!!! |
 |
| This picture definitely needs a description...I had been trying for over an hour to get Elsie to fall asleep. I gave her some milk, which usually helps her sleep. It didn't work. She was SO tired, but was fighting it. We were getting ready to go out to eat (there were 30 people in our dinner party) and I wanted her to sleep before we ate. To make this long story short...I gave Elsie more milk and I guess it was too much for her to handle...she puked EVERYWHERE!!!! It was DISGUSTING! We were out at a strip mall that was mostly restaurants. Luckily, I had some leggings (it was even better that they matched her hair bows and shoes), but I didn't have another shirt. I sent the kids I was with to dinner and I went into the shops to find a shirt for Elsie. This picture was taken while I was waiting for the guy at the t-shirt stand to see if he had any shirts her size...nope. My last resort was none-other than...The Harley Davidson store. I found her a shirt! |
 |
We made it to dinner, and as you can see...Elsie was already feeling MUCH better!
She played this game with Dawson for about 10 minutes - laughing this hard the whole time! |
 |
| She thought it was great! |
 |
| Check out the sweet shirt! I gave it to Aubrey to give to her little brother, Jake. Sorry Elsie. |
 |
| Happy girl, smiling at anyone that gives her any attention! |
 |
| And she sleeps...She was exhausted! |
 |
| Getting ready to go to Knott's Berry Farm |
 |
| Waiting for the bus to come get us! |
 |
| Elsie thought Snoopy was pretty great! |
 |
The 2011-2012 Utah FCCLA State Officers
"Say UTAH" |
 |
| Elsie LOVED this ride!!! |
 |
| This one wasn't her favorite. |
 |
| Love her smile in this one :) |
 |
| She liked honking the horn on this ride. |
 |
| Playing with Ashley and Kyle on the bus ride home. |
 |
And she's out!
She even poses in her sleep :) |
 |
She was finally awake to see Mickey Mouse!
She liked him :) |
 |
| Elsie loves to sit on our shoulders and then out of nowhere, she will just fall backwards. This picture is perfect! |
 |
| Can't go to Disneyland and not ride Dumbo! |
 |
| She didn't make it through the long line for Peter Pan...she fell asleep |
 |
| Elsie's bodyguards... |
 |
They take their job very seriously...
Elsie on the other hand... |
 |
She LOVED playing with all the State Officers
They are all such great kids! |
 |
This definitely sums up how we both felt at the end of the week!
This is at the hotel waiting for our ride to the airport to go home.
What a FANTASTIC week! It was a blast. The only thing that would have made it better, was if Josh were able to be there with us!
I LOVE FCCLA!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment