March 28, 2011

2011 Utah FCCLA State Convention

I survived the 2011 Utah FCCLA State Convention! It was a good time. Many, many hours went into the preparation for it, and it was all worth it! It wasn't fun that Elsie wasn't there the whole time, but I feel very blessed that there were people that I love and trust to watch her. I think Elsie had more fun with them than she does with Josh and I :) Thank you Loralee and Allyson! It was fun to see how excited Elsie was to see me after being away from me for 2 days! Elsie is also MUCH MORE attached to Ellie (her elephant-blanket thing) :)

To make a very long story short...During the FCCLA State Convention, I made the final decision to trade places with Nikki Sue. Nikki Sue is now the Utah FCCLA State Adviser and I am the Utah FCCLA State Officer Assistant. It was a very hard decision for me. I love FCCLA and the many things it has taught me. This decision had to be made. Josh and Elsie need me right now. I cried for about 4 days after I made the decision, but now I feel a lot better about it and I know I made the right decision! Utah FCCLA is in the best hands with Nikki Sue!!! I am excited to first of all, spend more time with Josh and Elsie, and 2nd to spend more time working directly with the State Officers. I am very blessed! Thank you everyone that has shown me your love and support through this time in my life. When I started as the FCCLA State Adviser, I did not have Elsie. I am so blessed to have Josh in my life! He has been such a great support throughout this time in my life. I have learned so much in the last 16 months from FCCLA. I can only hope and pray that I will continue to learn and grow through FCCLA. I feel very fortunate that I will still be able to stay so closely involved with this fantastic organization. Each day I realize more and more that I am the luckiest girl in the world!!!

Elsie really wanted all the goodies in each of these bags!

My cute State Officers working hard :)
Elsie NOT working hard :)


Today was the day I realized that Elsie knows how to climb :)


She REALLY wanted these goodies!


I will miss each of these cute faces! Such fantastic kids!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment