November 2, 2012

"Leapin' Lizards!" Happy Halloween!!


I am in love with Elsie's curly hair.  What better way to embrace her perfect curls than to have her costume be planned around her beautiful hair.  It's a perfect fit.  Annie.  I love it!  My decision to dress Elsie up as Annie started back in the summer when she loved to watch the movie, "Annie"  She can sing parts of every song from the movie.  She was so excited to be Annie!  As Halloween was approaching, she would say to anyone (and everyone, strangers included), "I'm going to be Annie for Halloween, and my mom is going to spray my hair red."  She really does speak that clearly.  I love it!  I did just that....sprayed her hair red.





I sprayed her hair red just for these pictures.  I was in love with how cute it turned out!!  I loved her costume!!!  I sprayed her hair with this...
It was only red for about an hour.  I washed her hair after the pictures, thinking it would come right out.  The bottle said...

"Directions:  Use with care; temporary color hairspray can permanently stain some fabrics and surface.  Protect clothes from overspray.  Shake well and spray evenly in short bursts from about 10".  Avoid dwelling in one place.  This is a temporary hairspray which will shampoo out."

Did you catch that last sentence?....WHICH WILL SHAMPOO OUT???......Harmless right?  That's what I thought!!  Until it WOULD NOT wash out!!!!




Our 2 year old has very PINK HAIR!!!!!!!  I took these pictures the week before Halloween so I could send out Halloween cards.  I was so excited because I thought she looked SO CUTE!!!  Suddenly, as I was looking at Elsie's hair trying to figure out what to do....I realized we had family pictures scheduled for 2 days later.  I didn't know what to do.  Washing it 6 times with shampoo and baking soda wasn't doing a thing.  I did the next best thing I could think of.  I called my favorite hairdresser, Katie!  Katie to the rescue!!  Katie did a bleach wash, put her under the dryer then tried to boost it with a green toner.  
  
Notice all the padding it took to get her little body to fit comfortably.  It was SO CUTE!
I can't believe how good she was.
She LOVED the salon!
Elsie kept watching Katie to see what she was doing
Pretty sure this is my favorite picture!!
...Now off to the dryer!
She loved sitting under the warm dryer
She was a pro.  She looked like the "old ladies" to me.  It was pretty funny to see our cute 2 year old sitting under a salon dryer :)
I told Katie to stop, I would rather have her hair pink than blonde because I figured the pink would EVENTUALLY fade, but the blonde would stay until it grew out!!  YIKES!!
The bleach wash only bleached her hair color, not the red :/
This is Katie putting the green toner in her hair.
Everyone was so impressed with how good Elsie was at the salon.
I just might be in trouble with her....
She may turn out to be more high maintenance than a real princess :)


We now have a 2 year old with curly, strawberry-blonde hair...Not sure what to think about it.  It looks "natural" if you don't know what Elsie's hair really looks like.  It is just a lot different than what I am used to looking at.  Pink hair, blue hair, blonde hair....I love her just the same!!! 
This picture serves 2 purposes.  To show her pink hair and to show what an amazing dad Elsie has.  We decided to have pancakes for dinner.  Josh can't just make regular pancakes for Elsie, he has to make a cute shape for her.  Tonight it was Mickey Mouse chocolate chip pancakes.  She was so excited!!  I'm not sure what she was trying to explain with her finger up, but it is pretty cute if you ask me :)
Pink hair and blue eyes.  Josh and I are the luckiest parents ever!!!
PINK!!  We love this girl more than life!!  Thank you Amanda for blessing our lives with this sweet little girl!  We love you!!
Ok.  I won't lie....I really did spray my 2 year old daughter's hair with Windex.  I heard it might work.  It did.  It worked a lot better than using baking soda.  I am going to try it one more time.  If this doesn't work, I will know that Elsie's hair is meant to stay pink :)
Halloween Night...
Danielle ended up scheduling her baby on Halloween.  We got to watch Macy.  Macy slept over Tuesday night and Wednesday night.  Danielle had baby Max at 6:01 (while we were out trick-or-treating).  He is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!!  We love Macy so it was really fun to have her come stay with us!  We ordered pizza so they would have "full bellies" before we went trick-or-treating and ate lots of candy!

These 2 girls LOVE each other!  They fight just like sisters and play like best friends.  I love it!
I LOVE these 2 girls!!!  They both looked so cute in their costumes!!!

My little Annie :)  I didn't dare spray her hair red again....
Cutest Strawberry Shortcake I know!!!

We met up with Brooke, Ben and their family (they were all dressed up as BYU Fans, GO COUGARS!!)  It was a lot of fun to trick-or-treat with lots of friends.

All-in-all Halloween was a great success!  Way too much  candy for a 2 year old!  This is only what she got , this doesn't include the 4 bags of candy we have leftover at our house because we were out trick-or-treating while everyone else was, we missed them all coming to our house...  
We hope you had a "pink-hair-free-lots-of-candy-eating-Halloween"!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment